* Principal and Teachers visited the houses of Class X students for rapport building and understanding the drawbacks and brought out solutions for needy students.
* Special Remedial coaching classes are conducted for Class X students to attain 100% distinctions by the subject teachers.
* Mentoring of Class X students was introduced to give focused teaching by Sri. Sudhir Raj R, Treasurer, BEEIMC and Mentor-BEL School (CBSE).
* English language Software for ASL (Assessment for speaking and Learning Skills) is installed and is in use.
* Knitting and Crochet- Skill development classes are started for high school girls.These students are trained by Smt. Hemalatha GM-(SP), Bharat Electronics.
* The School serves as a Centre for the prestigious examinations- JEE-Main 2018, NEET from 2018 and UGC NET 2018.
* A series of teachers training programme – “MANTHAN” was introduced for effective teaching among all the Institutions of BEEl by Sri Vishnu Swarup O.V., Secretary, BEEI.
* The students of classes VII and VIII enacted the play on seven habits of effective teaching on school annual day.
* Constructions of four new Class rooms have been successfully completed.
* The construction of English language Lab is completed.
* Modalities for Art Studio cum Art gallery are prepared.
* Construction of additional rest rooms is completed.
* New medicinal and ornamental plants have adorned the Herbal garden and Beautification of the entrance is taken up.
* Three more water purifiers have been installed to provide pure water to students.
* Procured new furniture for student for additional classrooms.
* Future plan: Atal Tinkering Lab for BEL School (CBSE) and Model classroom.
Sl.No. Major achievements accomplished:
Result of Class X,(CBSE Board Exam) 2017-18: 100%. Total number of
1.Students appeared: 49, No. of Distinctions -26,
BEHTAR INDIA AWARD – School Bagged 5th position at National Level
2.Behtar “Swasthya”, “Swachhta’/Vatavaran” conducted by NDTV.
Secured 83% in Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar 2017-18 conducted by MHRD,
3.Govt of India.
The students of Class X bagged the I place in the Science Model making
4.Competition “D- Junk” (from e- Waste) organised by Japanese Foundation at St. Claret School- Jalahalli.
5.Master Veeresh Sabarad of Class X cracked the National level NTSE organized by DSERT.
6.In connection with vigilance week, PF Department, Govt of India and BEL
conducted Essay writing, cartoon & Painting competition, our students have bagged prizes.
18 students are qualified for final level Science Olympiad and Maths
7.Olympiad conducted by Olympiad Foundation.
Yoga and Aerobics of our school teams participated in National Level
8.competition conducted by CBSE Board.
In All India General Knowledge Examination conducted by CHRD, two of our
9.Students bagged 2nd rank and 11th rank in National level and 8 students bagged Merit scholarship and 12 students bagged prizes.
10.Kumari. Varsha Setty of Class VIII won the International Beauty Pageant
2017(Junior level – under 14).
The High School students participated in a Quiz competition conducted by
11. Water Resources Commission held at Jalasauda, Bangalore and secured II place.
The High School students are selected for “GOOGLE WEB RANGERS”
12.Competitions conducted by GOOGLE and will be attending the second round at Telangana.
In inter-school Innovative Science Model making competition conducted by
13.Red-Hills school, Hesaraghatta, Bangalore, our school students secured second place.
In south zone water quiz conducted by central water commission, Govt of
14.India, our school qualified and participated in the final round.
In inter – school Fest organized by Sindhi High School during July 2017 our school children got I place for Mathematics skit.
15.In Annual General Science quiz competition conducted by Vishweshwaraiah.
16. Museum our students qualified in the first three rounds and participated in Semifinal round.
In Science day competitions conducted by BEL Employees Vignana vedike,
17.Students of classes VIII, IX & X participated and bagged good number of prizes.
Lady helpers are appointed for looking after primary children during lunch-break and short break.
18.The quality of Morning prayer has tremendously improved with the introduction of Karoke.
20.Students from Class IV to X participated in Letter writing competition organized by Postal departmental and won prizes.
21. Six students are qualified in second round English Olympiad examination. Our students participated in regional level painting competition conducted by
22. KOKOYO and won the prizes and one student pursued B.FA (painting course) after passing Class X in Chitrakala Parishat.
The students of Class IX visited the Kumudavathi river rejuvenation project at
23. Nelamangala Taluk under the able guidance of Sri.Vishnuswarup.O.V, Secretary – BEEIMC.
Assessment in Speaking and Listening skills (ASL) in English and Hindi.
As per the CBSE board guide lines assessment in speaking and listening is conducted in English and Hindi which will enhance their communication skills.
Guest Lectures by resource persons.
Special resource persons are invited to give lecturer on recent issues and topics required by students and teachers.
Mentoring System :
For the personality development of the child, five children are adopted by a teacher and mentored periodically which will help the children in a longway.
News Paper in Education (NIE)
The school is subscribing student editions news paper of Time of India, Deccan Herald, Indian Express & The Hindu, Students will make use of these tailor made news papers in the school library.
External Examinations :
External examinations like International olympiads are conducted in various subjects like English, Maths, Science, General Knowledge, Sports and Green Olympiad, to be in par with the international standard and have a great exposure.
5S principles of House Keeping :
The school has secured 5S Certification in House Keeping during 2016-17. Both staff & students are benefitted by this initiative. They have learnt the importance of orderliness and systematizing the work.
SAFETY AND SECURITY MEASURES AT THE SCHOOL
Recent incidents concerning the safety and security of students in schools have created great anxiety and concern for parents about safety of their children, especially in school.
To ensure the safety and security of all students at the school during the school hours we are adopting the following measures:
SAFETY MEASURES WITHIN THE SCHOOL CAMPUS.
1. The school is already under CCTV surveillance, presently 8 CCTV cameras are placed at strategic location. More cameras are in the process of installation
2. The school entrance and exit points are manned by our school security guards. All visitors including the parents are required to sign the Visitors register upon entry in to the school. Visitors badges are issued during the school hours. However parents can meet Principal –
Between 10AM to 11 AM and Teachers between 2.40 pm. to 3.30 pm. (For Classes VI to X)
For classes 1st to 5Ih, parents can meet teachers on Saturdays between 9am to 10am Parents who wish to meet their wards during school hours can do so only prior Permission. They cannot directly walk into the classrooms.
Parents should not go to classrooms to hand over the lunch boxes. They may be left with the security after labeling name and Class of the child on the bag.
Outsourced contract workers and housekeeping staff are asked to wear an apron for easy distinguishing and there are Sufficient women housekeeping staff to maintain and monitor washrooms.
3. Students of classes 1 to 5 have lunch in their respective classes with their Class teachers.
4. Security gate pass is issued to students who seek permission in unavoidable circumstances to leave school with parents.
5. The entire school staff has been sensitized about the issue. The children of primary classes are being shown a short film about good touch and bad touch released by the child help line 1098. Instruct your children to report any discomfort or abuse by anybody to the teacher/elders/parents
6. Children to be dropped to school not earlier than 5 to 10 minutes. Parents to avoid sending children too early as the school cannot monitor the safety of children much earlier than the school hours.
7. No parent should enter the Class room during the Class hours.
8. Parents to pick up the children immediately after 2.30 pm. The school does not take up the responsibility of the child safety beyond the school hours.
9. Parents to pick up their children during half day school and when the children are escorted to external competitions or inter school activities.
10. STUDENTS SHOULD WEAR THEIR ID CARDS AND BRING STUDENTS DIARIES COMPULSORY TO SCHOOL EVERY DAY. Parents should ensure that students bio data and medical history pages in the diary are correctly filled up.
GUIDELINES FOR STUDENTS TRAVELING BY PRIVATE TRANSPORTATION.
We would like to inform all the parents that the school has no control over private van operators, auto drivers. Parents are requested to make appropriate background checks and ensure that the vehicles are not over crowded or over speed. All parents, are requested to give details of the driver and vehicle which their children use for commuting.
Type of vehicle: BUS/VAN/CAR/AUTO. Registration No… How many children travel for trip.
Name of the regular driver and phone no, Name of substitute driver phone no.
1. Please caution your children about safety rules.
2. Instruct them to remain in the specific place to be collected by parents/escorts/drivers and not to wander off anywhere after school hours.
3. Please instruct your children to refrain from aggressive and violent behavior and not to cause physical harm to other children.
4. Instruct them not to bully or tease the other children instigating them to retaliate with violence.
5. Instruct them to bring any such behaviors to the notice of the teachers/parents.
6. Please advise your children not to buy eatables sold outside the school gate or on the roadside. Monitor how the children are spending their pocket money
7. Mobile phones are not allowed in the school. Children’s social interaction over mobile phones, networking sites needs to be monitored at home.
8. Please caution your children not to touch any unattended object lying anywhere inside/outside the school and keep away from such an object. In case any such object is seen by a student he/she should bring it to the notice of the first available teacher, who in turn will inform the Principal of the school.
We would like to assure you that the school is taking every possible measure to ensure a safe environment to our students. We request your support and participation in making your children aware of these issues. We are open to practical feedback which can be implemented at the School level.
Undertaking by Chief Child Protection Officer
I sincerely discharge my duty as Chief Child Protection Officer of BEL CBSE in the following domains.
1. Collecting signatures from all the staff members involved in child protection plan and guiding them for proper compliance of plan.
2. Arranging periodical meetings (at least every quarter) of the following committees and submit the report of HOI.
a) Child safety committee
b) Internal Vigilance Committee
c) Transport Checking Committee
d) Parents Teacher Committee
3. Ensure the floor Vigilance Officers, the various staff members in charge for various responsibilities listed in child protection perform their duties as per action plan.
4. Periodically appraise the HOI on any development with respect to child protection plan.
Mrs. Anitha Nathaniel
Child Protection Officer
BEL School CBSE
CHILD PROTECTION PLAN
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY OF BEL SCHOOL (CBSE)
“Providing 100% protection to every child in the school”
CHILD PROTECTION OFFICER OF BEL SCHOOL (CBSE)
Mrs. Anitha Nathaniel
Sr. Teacher, BEL School CBSE
Child Safety Committee Members
1. Mrs. Anitha Nathaniel – Sr. Teacher, BEL School CBSE
2. Mr. Nataraju – Faculty, BEL School CBSE
3. Mrs. Savithri Shashidhar – Faculty, BEL School CBSE
4. Mr. Sridhar – Parent, BEL School CBSE
5. Mr. Nateshmurthy – Parent, BEL School CBSE
DUTIES OF FLOOR VIGILANCE OFFICERS
1. Taking care to see that children go to their classes after prayer with required discipline.
2. Taking care of children during lunch break.
3. Allowing children to follow the direction allotted to them while going-back home.
4. Check all the rooms including rest rooms to ensure that no child is left behind, before going home and report to Principal.
5. Report the Principal in case if unauthorized persons are seen.
Responsibilities of the Principal
1. Feedback to be taken about male staffers on the behavior with kids
2. Arranging periodical meetings with:- Staff, Parents and Security personnel of the school
3. To form the following committees and guide them for proper functioning.
a. Internal Vigilance Committee.
b. Transport checking Committee,
c. Parent Teacher committee.
d. Child safety Committee
Responsibilities of the Teacher/Class Teacher
1. Every day attendance to be taken
a. First period – By the Class teacher/co-Class teacher
b. Sixth period – By the subject teacher
2. The physical education teachers are complete incharge for Boys and Girls during PT periods and they must take proper measures in case of emergencies /sports accidents.
3. The safety and security of the students is the responsibility of the teacher allotted during that period.
Example: During chemistry practical’s incharge teacher is responsible for taking precautionary measures.
4. The subject teachers should not go to their classes 5 or 10 minutes late, If done so, students may indulge in quarreling, fighting and any kind physical abuse.
5. Subject teachers should not send students to go out of the classroom during their subject periods.
6. One subject teacher should leave the classroom after next teacher enters the classroom. If next teacher does not turn-up She/he should immediately inform FVO to make arrangements.
7. The Class teacher and co-Class teacher will leave the school campus after the departure of the students of their respective classes.
8. Class teacher should keep in touch with parents and learning about experiences shared by the children at school. If needed necessary action to be taken.
Responsibilities of The Physical Education Teachers & Pledge
1. Only authorized persons will be allowed into the school ground and sports room.
2. We will take care of our students in the play ground in school and also in case when we take them outside the school for sports.
3. Lady teachers will accompany the Girls students for outstation sporting activities.
4. We will not punish any child physically.
5. We will not take any child (Boy or Girl) to our house for any clarification.
Responsibilities of the Parents
1. The transport checking committee: The parent members of this committee should check-vehicle permit, Fitness certificate of vehicle, Driver’s license, First aid box, fire extinguishers, Emission test certificate at least once in 3 months and parents should give a report and certify the conduct of driver / cleaner.
2. Parents personally should come to collect their wards in case they require wards during school hours or parents should send the authorization letter to release their words during school hours.
3. Parents of lower classes I to IV to come 5 minutes before the bell. If they are personally taking the children home.
4. Parents are not suppose to ride / drive vehicles’ inside the school premises. They should park their vehicles near the entrance gate to drop their children.
5. Advice our wards not to talk or develop friend ship with strangers while going to school.
6. Advise not to be over friendly or give personal information to anybody.
7. Keep track of cell phone and messages received by our wards.
8. If instigating message or pictures are found we will report to the nearest police station immediately.
9. Sincere efforts to admit our wards to schools closer to our home are made.
10. Take care of dropping and picking up our wards.
CHILD SAFETY PLANS FOR THE YEAR 2018-19
1. The Class teachers and co-Class teachers will leave the school campus after the departure of the students of their respective classes.
2. The safety and security of the student is the responsibility of the teacher allotted during that period.